Protocols are structured processes and guidelines to promote meaningful, efficient communication, problem solving, and learning. Protocols give time for active listening and reflection, and ensure that all voices in the group are heard and honored. Using protocols appropriately in meetings with colleagues, students, parents, and others helps you build the skills and the culture necessary for productive collaborative work.
Although protocols are not needed for some meetings (such as those for disseminating information or updating participants without inviting feedback), once a group becomes accustomed to using protocols, they’re more likely to collaborate more efficiently and effectively even when protocols are not being used.
Like guardrails along a highway, NSRF protocols, under the leadership of a trained coach, provide guidance and a safe place for honest and useful feedback. They also ensure that the group involved arrives at the proposed destination rather than being pulled off-track.
NSRF has a vast array of protocols and activities to help participants:
- Address complex dilemmas with fresh perspectives
- Improve their work quickly with thought-provoking questions
- Share and learn from successes
- Introduce ideas, topics, or programs
- Expand thinking, find essential messages, discover other perspectives
- Interpret data
- Observe classrooms and environments to improve teaching, coaching, learning, or other work
- Brainstorm and improve projects, plans, or materials at any stage of progress
- Look at student work with specific objectives and needs in mind to improve outcomes
Our Protocols A-Z List provides access to our downloadable protocols, alphabetized and searchable based upon their given titles. When you click on a protocol’s title in the list, you are also provided with a quick defining overview and some additional details, such as the estimated time for implementation and the difficulty level when it comes to facilitation. Many of our most updated protocols are exclusive to annual paid members and trained Critical Friends Group® coaches!
We have an extended, searchable Protocols Library in the works for you! Our plan is to have a more extensive search and filter engine for protocols and activities for searches regarding type, category, number of people, time, and other complexities. We also hope to include documents, flyers, and images. Perhaps even more in the future! We have a lot to offer, especially to our trained CFG Coaches!