Critical Friends Group® Virtual Coaches' Training:
A 26-hour training conducted within Zoom, culminating in Virtual CFG® Coaches’ Certification MORNINGS, Tuesday-Friday for 2 weeks
October 10-13, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. EDT* + 17-20, 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. EDT*
Build trust and a sense of belonging, improve your practice, and keep your priorities at the forefront: Critical Friends Group work!Please join us for Critical Friends Group Coaches' Training, conducted virtually, Tuesday-Friday for two weeks this coming October 2023. We will meet at 9AM EDT each day as a group via Zoom for a total of 26 hours, and you will have about five hours total of additional work to complete outside of our virtual meetings. To be certified as a Virtual CFG Coach, you will need to participate in the entire training, attending all synchronous meetings and completing all of your additional work. In this hands-on and brains-on training (this is NOT a webinar!), participants will:
- experience a range of proven activities to recognize and value our differences as well as our similarities,
- further build trust by learning to give and receive feedback skillfully, including learning the phrasing that converts ideas from criticism to gifts,
- remove the "teeth" of dilemmas by reframing them with new perspectives,
- increase equity by ensuring we hear from everyone in meetings and classes (rather than just those who are comfortable speaking in large groups) and demonstrate that those voices are heard,
- absorb how to use these tools by reflecting on every activity and protocol, documenting "what isn't on the written page,"
- work to improve YOUR real-life problems brought by the participants, rather than content shared around theoretical examples.
In short, you'll experience the power of Critical Friends Group communities during our days together, and you'll learn how to improve your work environment by creating that experience with your colleagues.
Expect to collaborate and participate!You will be on-camera and on-task! This is not a "sit-and-get" webinar format but one that requires your attention and interaction. And all that pays off handsomely. Upon completion of this training, you become a certified CFG coach with coaches' status on the NSRF website for life! You will be certified (and prepared) to form and lead trusted Critical Friends Group learning communities, as well as to use these materials in meetings, classes, and other virtual settings. And because you'll have a Coaches' membership to the website for a full year, you will also have access to similar materials designed for meetings in traditional, non-virtual settings.
Time well spent!Your investment for the full training is $999 for the entire training and certification and includes PDF copies of all the new protocols and activities used in the training, a year-long coaches' membership in the NSRF® with full access to the Coaches' Protocol Library online, and ongoing support from your facilitators and the NSRF Office Team well beyond the training dates. If you bring a friend or colleague to this training, each of you will receive a $75 discount, so the price becomes $924 each (one discount per organization, please). It's extremely helpful to have support as you do this work in your own organization, so having a "training buddy" greatly enhances your chance for success. To receive the discount, please email email@example.com.
Seating is limited so act quickly!Only 20 people will benefit from this training! If you're interested, please register soon to hold your seat! We need at least ten participants for this training to happen. We will confirm this training for you and send some preparatory materials the week before training begins. If you need to cancel, we strongly urge you to find someone else to transfer your registration, and can only offer refunds before this confirmation date.
Paying with a Purchase Order or check?If you are registering and need to pay with a check or a purchase order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org right away to make arrangements. Be sure to note that this training requires payment in full BEFORE the training begins.
Refund policyNSRF works hard to keep the costs of our trainings low and only accepts a limited number of participants per cohort, which makes it an especially high-value training opportunity. Because of the limited number of seats and the low margin, refunds are only available with cancellations at least two weeks before this event. If you find you cannot attend, please try to find a colleague who can take your seat and contact us with the information so we can be sure to make proper adjustments and connections moving forward. If we should cancel this training due to lack of participation or other circumstance, you will be notified immediately via email and fully refunded. By submitting your registration you are agreeing to these terms.
A few invitations regarding technology
For the best experience for you and everyone else, we ask that you review and consider these requests around the technologies we're using.
Click here to review these.
- Days in advance, connect to your virtual classroom to complete a bit of advance homework. You will receive an email from your facilitator welcoming you and sharing a direct link. You’ll also receive an email from the virtual classroom to notify you of your enrollment.
- Join Zoom using a computer (desktop or laptop) rather than a mobile device. Otherwise you will miss key experiences.
- Use the Zoom application rather than connecting in a browser window. Visit Zoom.us to ensure you have the latest download. Using the application helps ensure you can access all the abilities of Zoom.
- Bring a headset with a microphone rather than using the microphone and speaker on your device. This ensures that we’ll all be able to hear one another well, that you will not inadvertently interrupt others, that background noise will not disturb the group, nor the group disturb others in your local environment.
- Keep your camera on, especially in breakouts, unless you experience bandwidth/connectivity issues. Being able to see one another, read facial expressions, and feel “seen” are all vital parts of this work. We respect your privacy if you need to use a virtual background or throw a sheet over your background, but it’s important to see your face as much as we can. However, if your Internet or WiFi connectivity causes disruption for you, you may turn off your camera while in the large group space. We hope you’ll be able to participate with camera on in breakouts.
- There are a few more tech agreements, which we'll introduce on Day 1.