Tools for Stress Management, Belonging and Virtual Work:
Feelings Pair Share Activity
August 13th, 2020
In another time zone?
11am PDT = 2pm EDT = 6pm UTC = 9pm European EST
In this exclusive, online micro-training from NSRF, come together with other educators from around the world and learn to lead a brand-new activity to use an icebreaker to build trust in groups and to improve our communities. These activities can be used with adults or students in virtual environments like Zoom.
You can expect to:
- reflect on your emotions,
- articulate how you are feeling to others,
- listen deeply (without judgment) to the feelings of colleagues and peers, and
- share possible actions or shifts in thinking so we may all feel a bit better.
By promoting feelings of empathy and revealing ways we can support each other, we will be stronger together through difficult times such as the COVID-19 pandemic, but also during more local or temporary challenges.
This collaborative session promoting self-care and community will be led by NSRF’s amazing, trained facilitators. After your participation in the 90-minute event, we’ll ask you to write Reflections about this Micro-Training, and then you’ll receive PDF copies of the icebreaker and the new Feelings Pair Share Activity.
This hour-long session is open to anyone but has limited “seating.”
Don’t delay! Registration will close approximately 30 minutes before the training begins.
Because we will be using breakout rooms and debriefing as a larger group, this is NOT a webinar but a collaborative training experience that will be familiar to those who are accustomed to Critical Friends Group work.
Please arrive on time! Previous CFG experience is NOT required, however.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THIS REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- Be sure to “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” … and continue until we thank you! After entering your information and clicking “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT,” on the next page, you must select the “CONTINUE” button as needed through the process to take all the steps necessary until you come to the screen that reads “Thank you!” You should also receive a receipt of purchase in your email.
- If you already have an Account and/or Membership on the NSRF website, you will be asked to login before completing the purchase/registration. Click in the upper right corner to login, and then return to your “cart” or this registration page.
- Upon completing the transaction, you will be added to our participant list. You will see the links to “Join” the Zoom meeting on the “Thank you” page following your purchase and also in your email notification/receipt that the order has been received. Save the link to either join the meeting via the Zoom App or through your web browser.
- Once you have registered and moved through the purchase process completely, you should receive an email notification/receipt as well as two “reminder emails” for this Zoom meeting, 24 hours before the date/time and also 3 hours before. If you have not received any emails, go back to be sure you have moved through the purchase process entirely (until you have reached the “Thank you!” page). You may also check your spam or junk filter. If you have any questions or concerns about the purchase process, reach out to us right away: email@example.com. We are here to help!
This event has a limited number of seats—Act now!
We hope to soon have even more online materials and virtual trainings available soon! Become an Annual Member of NSRF and gain access to our extended online protocol library! You are also invited to become a Trained CFG Coach at one of our upcoming Open Trainings.
*Please prepare for your camera to be on and to interact via your microphone. It is helpful to have a headset with mic to avoid background noises. We will be utilizing Zoom’s “breakout room” feature. Your registration for this event is documentation of your permission for us to record the group activity (not the breakout rooms).
Zoom is a free application for videoconferencing commonly used in education. Although you may be prompted to download the application once you click on our meeting link, you are not required to sign-up or download Zoom to attend a meeting. Read more about Zoom.