Open Trainings open the world to you.
In your work environment, you interact often with people who are a lot like you. You are, after all, working in a similar field, with the same student body, within the same age/grade range, in a particular school, in a shared geographic location. In contrast, each NSRF Open Training typically includes:
- participants from a range of early childhood, elementary, middle, high, preK-12, and higher education,
- a mixture of classroom teachers, administrators, coaches, professional development folks, and others,
- people from public and private schools,
- participants from “poorer” schools and districts, and others from more comfortable places,
- some who are attending voluntarily and others who have been “strongly encouraged to attend” by an administrator,
- educators from all over the country and sometimes even from outside the U.S, and
- sometimes a few participants from business or other arenas who want to learn from and with educators.
Upcoming Open Trainings are listed for you below. Click on the event to read more details and to register.
Already certified as a CFG Coach? Ready to expand CFG work into virtual settings more comfortably?
Learn how to lead CFG work in your virtual meetings and classrooms! Apply to attend our NEW Bridge-to-Virtual Training exclusively for CFG Coaches.
Completing 12.5 hours of training and a few hours of homework between sessions will earn you a new certification as a Virtual CFG Coach, empowered to create and coach Critical Friends Group communities, as well as lead our protocols and activities outside that structure. It also sets you up beautifully to partner with a colleague coach to support one another with the technology details, making the resulting meetings much more efficient and effective. We will be posting new dates for this one soon! Contact us to let us know you’re interested!
Upcoming In-Person Open Trainings
Our In-Person Open Trainings are being held at various sites across the country. Fees for our Open Five-Day, In-Person Coaches Trainings, unless otherwise noted, include all five days of training, plus your materials, lunch, a CFG Coaches’ Certificate of Completion, and a year’s coach membership in NSRF®. Overnight accommodations, transportation, and evening meals are additional costs, arranged by you.